Monday, December 31, 2012

Five Top Trends of 2013: #4 Not Quite 50 Shades of Almost Gray (Polish)

It's day four of my 2013 trend forecast, and of course I had allude to "that" literary title of the year. (Love to love it or love to hate it...) All that aside, gray is a trend that is not going any where soon. As seen most recently on Michelle Obama and Eva Longoria, gray continues to be a super hot neutral.

As the title suggests, this is a nod to the almost grays, the not-quite steels, and the barely charcoals. They might be almost blues, kinda greens, or straight up glitters. No matter what they are take charge and sexy as hell.

The mani I am featuring is a very much a steel blue gray, in some lights it's almost pure silver. Blue Rhapsody is from Essie's Mirror Metallic Collection. This color is a stunner that looks like an icy, snowy New Hampshire morning. My nail art is a total throwback to when I used to get my nails done in high school. I would get them painted in Creative Nail Designs' Iced Cappuccino with the double black stripe like you see here.





Here are some almost ( or not quite) grays in creme, metallic, glitter and everything in between...

OPI's On Her Majesty's Secret Service
OPI's Nein! Nein! Nein! OK Fine
OPI's I Don't Give A Rotterdam
LVX's Legendaire
Lynnderella's 50 Shades of May-Be
Revlon's Smoldering
Butter London's Dodgy Barnett

What almost grays are you treasuring?

Stay tuned tomorrow for the final trend of the new year and my top ten from 2012...


No comments:

Post a Comment