Saturday, December 29, 2012

Five Top Trends of 2013: #2 Brights & Nudes

Welcome back to my trend forecast for 2013! Once again a shout out to the Daily Varnish for the inspiration for this post series...

So, first and foremost brights are not exclusively neons, but super saturated hues. I do not think we are done with full rich shades any time soon. I think the tendency to contrast with them will be in full force. Julep is leading the nail pack with their January Maven releases- a collection of ( in their case) neons and nudes. It's very Resort Collection inspired and super fun. 

My mom, Marina, who has always been my fashion consultant and all around beauty diva has been rocking this trend already. She has amazing nails and loves french manis. She has rocked french based nudes with such splashy shades as Revlon's Sassy, an acidic lime green, and Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Back to the Fuchsia.

I wanted to showcase this trend a little differently. I love all the graphic nail art out there! Its great that we have so many talented nail pros in the forefront these days. I love the work of Madeline Poole.  She has done manicures for Ke$ha, Kelly Osborne, Kreayshawn, and many other celebs in various fashion trades. Her style is not for wallflowers...

So, here is a Madeline Poole inspired brights and nudes mani. Jes loves this! He thinks it's super graphic and clean. I used Julep's Otte, Daphne, Delaunay, Harper, and Niecy. I also threw in Revlon's Graceful for good measure. The color that I am most excited about is... Essie's Mint Candy Apple! (I guess you could say this was one of my lemmings). I sharpened it up with some white lines in Stripe Rite. I got my nails done, time to go on a winter cruise to somewhere warm....lol.




Here are some brights and nudes combos that definitely deserve mention...

OPI's Don't Pretzel My Buttons and OPI's Don't Talk Bach to Me
Essie's Where's My Chauffeur and Essie's Beyond Cozy
LVX's Midori and LVX's Ecru
Julep's Bette and Julep's Ava 
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Wet Cement and Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Caribbean Coral
Zoya's Pandora and Zoya's Zuza
OPI's A Roll In the Hauge and OPI's Did You 'ear About Van Gogh?

Do you have a fave brights and nudes combo that you are dying to try out?
 
Stay tuned tomorrow, for the next trend for the new year...


4 comments:

  1. I love the colors you used here! And your lines are so straight !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, thank you! I love the colors too- looks like a sweet shop. I always think I have straight lines in spite of myself... I refuse to mask or use striping tape (too lazy to wait for it to dry)... its just me and a striping brush. Also, fun fact... when you use a matte top coat it really makes things look super crisp and smooth.

      Delete
  2. I am LOVING these manicures! I wish I had the skill/coordination/patience to pull this off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I always appreciate the love. I have to say I can thank my parents for the art school education... they just didn't think it would be used to paint my nails...lol. Overall this is pretty forgiving to do, the diagonal lines and the borders help to mask imperfections. Plus, I love that I can wear a half dozen colors instead of one...

      Delete