Saturday, December 15, 2012

Clandestine Christmas Crimson: OPI's The Spy Who Loved Me

I can't believe it- a nail art free post! It has been ages! So, I am out of my element with this manicure- bear with me... Yes, I am wearing red. You have heard me say before that I wore I'm Not Really A Waitress back in the '90s. I don't really count Julep's Demi and Delaunay wears during the Challenge as "wearing red" because it "was about the art, man." Here I am, willingly wearing red to be in the spirit of the Holidays and all of that. 

There is an ulterior motive to this crimson conundrum, it's an OPI Skyfall Collection gelcolor! I have posted on Goldeneye, On Her Majesty's Secret Service (I love that damn polish), and Tomorrow Never Dies. I do plan on completing the swatch of this whole gelcolor collection (even if it means that I have to wear a shade of red- specifically maroon- again). 



I have to admit that it is a perfect Christmas color. It is a tart cherry red with a smattering of gold and red microglitter. Once again, the gel finish gives it that glorious "jelly" finish with an incredible shine and the application is flawless.



So, when it comes to gel, OPI, "Nobody Does it Better*." You even made me love a red...



*The theme song for The Spy Who Loved Me as sung by Carly Simon. ( Couldn't leave you with out a bit of Bond Trivia...)

No comments:

Post a Comment