Sunday, November 18, 2012

The woman with the golden gun: OPI's Goldeneye & On Her Majesty's Secret Service

Bond. James Bond. How iconic is this character? The name that was chosen by Ian Fleming was supposed to be the most boring and dull name he could devise. Instead it is synonymous with intrigue, suspense, action, and a large dose of sensuality. 

In order to celebrate 50 years of Bond and the release of the latest film, Skyfall, OPI centered its holiday release around all things Bond. Overall the entire collection is a knockout and captures the essence of each film it represents.

I have to say I am sooo happy that OPI stuck to the basics and named the colors after the films. Those cutesy b.s. shade names don't do anything for me. 

For the record, I am completely obsessed with the trigger mani. It's more than you basic accent nail and it allows you to wear two shades at once. Score, and double score. So I present to you On Her Majesty's Secret Service and Goldeneye in OPI gelcolor. 


On Her Majesty's Secret Service is a stunning shade that I really overlooked until I saw it up close. It is a stunning purple-hematite shade chock full of micro glitter in gold, blue, purple, teal and copper. Movie fun fact, this is the only film where James Bond was married.  


Goldeneye is a straight up warm gold micro glitter. Please note that this is three coats. I probably could have gone to five, easy. Movie fun fact, Goldeneye is the name of the estate in Jamaica where Ian Fleming wrote the James Bond series. 


I truly think the gel formulation keeps these from being streaky. Also the gel finish tends to make the colors a bit more vibrant in my opinion. 

As you can tell I am a lover of all things Bond, and I think this collection has been added to my list...

(PS- that killer wrap bracelet in the second photo is the Stella & Dot Zoe Lariat. This is a necklace that can be worn three ways in addition to a fourth way as a bracelet. It is an amazing piece!)


1 comment:

  1. That bracelet totally matches your mani! Haha and I've never heard it called the trigger accent! How clever!

    ReplyDelete