Saturday, November 3, 2012

Mojo interviews the It Girls of Julep: Otte, Delaunay, & Daphne

I heard so many people talk about how excited they were to get Julep Maven boxes each month I had to look into it. I love nail polish, I love getting packages in the mail- sounded good to me.

The concept is fairly simple. To sign up, you take a quiz that determines your style type: Bombshell, American Beauty, It Girl, or Classic with a Twist. Shockingly (not really), I came out to be an "It Girl".  From there it's $19.95 a month to receive 3 free products and a special treat in a nicely packaged black box. Typically you can find a code to get your first box virtually free. ( I used PENNY, you can also use MAVENINTRO.)

So within four days of my order, I received the It Girl intro box. In addition to three polishes, I also got two glitter pots in red and white. (More thoughts on that later...)

  First up is Delaunay. It's a rich chili-pepper red creme that requires two coats. This is a Trina Turk Fall 2012 collaboration color. It goes on pretty smooth and evenly. Now don't be shocked- this is another red that I like. (I have said many times that red doesn't do it for me, now in the last month Julep has made a liar out of me with Demi and Delaunay.) I really feel that this might be a cousin of OPI's Cajun Shrimp. 

  The second color I received was Daphne. This color was a surprise, on the website it read as more minty. Definitely the wrong herb- think sage, not mint. More specifically, it's a muted light blue-sage creme. It's about three or four shades darker than Essie's Turquoise and Caicos. I think I might just have to do a ruffian with T&C and Daphne- it would be stellar.

  Finally, we have Otte, another Trina Turk collabo. I wasn't particularly excited to get this color. Oh what a foolish thought! Mojo decided that this is his new signature color since it's his shade. That made me take a second look. This is actually a super sexy neutral that looks awesome on my olive skin tone. It's a great butterscotch creme with one coat coverage. It has more of a yellow tint than Revlon Graceful with none of the grey. 


Here are some thoughts on the glitter pots. The glitter is finer than the latest craft store rip off trend from the brand that starts with C. ( First, caviar, then velvet, now sequin- what next fur?) I am going to save these for a Christmas challenge.

Mojo's final thoughts were, if he were a girl and not a hamster he would paint his nails with Otte. The other girls were just too much for him. 


On the other hand, I think I am loving all three colors. I can also see a trigger mani with Otte and Delaunay in my future. Oh the possibilities...

Continued thoughts and well wishes go out to all those affected by Hurricane Sandy, especially Jennifer at Little J's Nail Corner.


No comments:

Post a Comment