Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Spring Fling Challenge Day Two: In Bloom


Welcome, to day two of the challenge! Just a recap this is a cooperative effort between myself and Kelly of Tuxarina, the Spring Fling Challenge is a five day mini skills showdown. We are fortunate to be joined by five others representing both the US and International nail blogging communities:


Hayley of Polished at Heart
Jackie of Polished at Heart 
Erin of LovelyLacqueredLife
Ghila of Nails Noob
Kylie of SparKylie Nails
Lynette of Pink & Purple Dots


For the next three days I will be sharing a new product with you, Nail Candy Nail Art Pens. I am very fortunate to have a dear friend and comrade in fashion, June at JM Princewell on the Oval in New Hampshire. She is the reason I am laced in Pandora, adore Paddywax, and am addicted to Tea Forte. Her taste is impeccable and the experience of her store is unsurpassed. She has a firm commitment to US Made, NH Made, Fair Trade, and For Women By Women products. This is a commendable effort. June is helping to underwrite my challenge by asking me to test the nail art product. Here is day one... 

I went more graphic with this challenge. I am not a overly flowery chick, but I love patterns. I have two entries today, one design done on myself and one done on my Mom, Marina. I had such a wonderful visit with my parents in Florida, and will miss my favorite hand model! 

First up, a tri-tip French manicure... This look was inspired by Hayley and Ghila. These colors are Hayley's wheelhouse as represented by OPI's Stranger Tides, I Don't Give a Rotter-dam, and On Her Majesty's Secret Service. The combination is mind blowing. I will do this again sans nail art.  My nail art as done with the white and turquoise Nail Candy pens were inspired by Ghila. She adores free-form and whimsical things. I consider these a flowers a peek into someone's private Wonderland... The design was finished with a bit of sparkle- rhinestones from Nail Candy.




Secondly, a trigger manicure on Mom... This look was inspired by Radha at The Polish Owl. She loves bold colors and adores Takko lacquer. I used a combination of Takko's We're All Mad Here and Essie's In the Cab-ana ( a 2013 Resort Collection release). My floral designs were inspired by Sheryl at Takko's brand packaging and done with Nail Candy in white. I love these nails, and I love the amazing woman to whom they belong to. You're the best, Ma.




I can't wait to see what all the ladies have done! Please share the comments and share the love...

Stay tuned for day three... Patterns of Fashion!
 
(Please note that Takko Lacquer is available at Etsy. Takko Lacquer ships internationally with MeiMei's Signatures.) 

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous concept, and I love both your and your mom's mani, both are really gorgeous. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you kindly, my dear! it was so good to see her and share this finally! my dad was sooo blown away :)

      Delete
  2. Both designs are amazing! Love the colors used too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Miss Kelly, seriously aren't you head over heels? or tips over toes? lol

      Delete
  3. 1) I find your look so unique and original, so mediterranean, fun and complicated too, you're a pro! I love the colours combo and the sapes there, and also the coloured tip part.
    2) I like it so much when you post your mom's manis! She has amazing and long nails, very strong looking, I adore your trigger idea and this design is so tiny and precisely done! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks sista G! I am not a nail pro, just an artist... lol Smaller canvases, right? Seriously how did she get the good nails? Me not so much... lol

      Delete
  4. 3) AWWWWW!!!!! So blushing right now! It is sooooo adorable that you've written that I was your inspiration!..Speachless, thank you so much sweety! True, these really are my kind of thing, and I love and adore "hippie" designs! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol... yup, just for you Flower Child... ;)

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much for including me in your inspiration! You're so right though. I still can't believe you found Stranger Tides and I Don't Give a Rotterdam, the way you did though! Rotterdam look so great here, even just that little accent. And I'm liking the Stranger Tides. I really really wish I could find that and SC Seaweed to see them side by side. I don't know how you come up with these designs...so intricate. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and OHMSS too... all for under $5!!! Seriously... I almost had a private moment in the salon. LMAO I am looking for Seaweed and Green Tea like a crazy girl... I will find them... thank you so much, the pens are awesome, I recommend them. :)

      Delete
  6. Loved the combo of colors on both manis. We're All Mad Here is actually on my WL. I don't own any Takko, yet! Bravo for both of these designs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jackie! I had so much fun, the detailed patterns are addictive for me. Takko is incredible and Sheryl is an awesome person. I highly recommend...

      Delete