Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Day Eight TDoHNC: Totally Vamped Out

Day eight, we are halfway through the challenge already! This week features a lot of the Halloween creatures of the night. Today's theme features the most fearsome, intriguing- and thanks to TV and film lately- and sexy of them all. Vampires. 

I prefer smoldering Damon Salvatore to sparkly Edward Cullen any day of the week, but I am digressing. My vampires are far from sexy. I they are relatives of another TV vampire- Sesame Street's The Count. I also wanted to try a ruffian mani and thought it would work with the faces.

I started with a base of Sinful Colors Ruby Ruby. I actually had to go out and buy a basic red. I then did the smaller nail shape in Finger Paints Paper Mache. With Julep Ellie I covered over the white. This color gave me the perfect undead flesh tone- pinky with a bluish undertone.






The details were added with Stripe Rite in white and Finger Paints Striper in Ch-Art-coal Black.




Overall, these weren't my fave, but they got the theme across. To make myself feel better, I caught a few episodes of Vampire Diaries. (Maybe I'm biased because the main character is named Elena.)


Check out the other lovely ladies of the the challenge...


                                                    Kelly from Tuxarina
                                        Heather from Peace, Love, & Polish
                                         Jennifer from Little J's Nail Corner

 

Stay tuned, day nine... blood!

2 comments:

  1. I loveeeee how you used Ellie on top it looks so good! And those faces are awesome

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much! I didn't know if I should use Ellie... but I really think it worked out!

    ReplyDelete