Monday, February 11, 2013

Valentine's Day Nail Art Challenge: Cupid's Curse

Today's theme threw me a bit, I didn't quite know how to illustrate it. I mean it seems so lovely, sinister and quite conceptual, but my nails only afford me so much real estate. Thanks to Amanda at the Nail Polish Enthusiast for giving me some inspiration on this one!

So I went with my favorite, the trigger mani. (Cupid just found himself a gun.) I painted my pinky, ring, and middle fingers with Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Midnight In NY. My index and thumb were painted with a coat of Finger Paints in Paper Mache. I added two halves of a broken heart with Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Fuchsia Power. The detailing and arrows were done with Stripe Rite in White and Black. I topped the whole look off with JENsations' Diamonds Are Forever.





Onto my Valentine's dedication, this one is for all those who have fallen in love and then out of love. Cupid is pretty sneaky, so you never know what may be around that corner. Pesky arrows.

 

Now go on and check out the amazing Erin at LovelyLacqueredLife and the lovely Lynette at Pink & Purple Dots. These girls are beyond fantastic with their nail art... Remember, share the comments, share the love!

8 comments:

  1. Looks awesome Elena!! I dont know what I was thinking throwing Cupid's curse into the challenge. I had a hard time thinking about what to do myself...ha!! You did a great job. The first thing I think of is arrows and hearts too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wouldn't be a challenge if it wasn't well... challenging, right? Thank you so much.. it's been a lot of fun coming up with ideas for these past two weeks!

      Delete
  2. As always my dear friend REALLY gorgeous !! LOVE your design ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! It was a day to pull out the black nail polish, huh?

      Delete
  3. I absolutely can relate to the style here. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much... it is definitely something that we all can relate to, chica!

      Delete
  4. Oh . dark Mani , yet so flirty & girly , i like it so much ,

    i found your blog from Lynette's pink&purple dots , and am following you now ,
    wanna make my day & follow me back ?
    i do blog about nail Mani's occasionally you'll find all Nail related post in my fashion 101 Page on my blog ,

    N@NY
    http://nanybuz91.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much, Nany! I agree its both dark and flirty, and isn't that kind of great? lol I have checked out your blog before and will definitely pop over and follow. Thanks for the love!

    ReplyDelete